Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: SV: I finally broke the dang plateau!

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

SV: I finally broke the dang plateau!

Long story short: I was stalling between the same two pounds for MONTHS. Like, basically the entire summer from June to August, I went back-and-forth between 142-144 pounds. Eating 1300 calories a day, getting about 10000 steps in daily + other exercise, and...nothing. Couldn't get below 142 if my life depended on it, even though I was clearly eating in a deficit (sedentary maintenance calories is about 1600 for me, and I'm not sedentary).

At a loss and in a rage, I decided to say "screw it". I upped my calories to a range between 1450-1550 a day, and that in turn gave me extra energy to exercise more. I started averaging 15000-20000 steps a day and found out that I kind of like jogging (?), so started doing that as well.

The first couple weeks of doing this, I immediately dropped into the 141 range. Hovered there for about a week and a half before and during my period, and today I was 140.4. It's not a huge drop obviously, but I was starting to get convinced that my scale didn't go below 142...

So, I'm basically just here to tell you that plateaus are real and annoying af, but you CAN overcome them. My fix may not work for everybody, but it worked for me and I'm thrilled.

submitted by /u/violent_delights_9
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/xjp1c7/sv_i_finally_broke_the_dang_plateau/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...