Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: No looking back

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

No looking back

I remember when I started eating to self-soothe. It wasn’t too long ago, just 2018. I had just gotten out of a breakup and finally started ordering and buying food I went years forbidding myself: pancakes, grocery store pastries, and the biggest burger on the menu. After failing to find anything to help with the stress of a broken heart, I was amazed to find that food actually worked. I’d overeat, feel better, and then sleep for as long as I could. I was socially withdrawn and working from home (before COVID). I only went out for food, dog walks, and the rare meeting with a friend. After following this pattern for about half a year, I had gained 50 pounds. To put it into perspective, I started out wearing a size 30 in mens and by the time I made it out of daily sweatpants, I’d gone two sizes up to a 34/36.

Thanks to a host of factors, I’ve been doing much better since gaining the weight, but losing it has been harder than anything I’ve done. Over the past three years, I’ve gone from Noom, Nutrisystem, to MyFitnessPal trying to “get back” to where I was before ever being “fat.”

About ten months ago, I started weight-lifting. I had lost 30 of the pounds and figured I could keep losing while building some muscle. Well, I quickly lost sight of that goal and just started chasing strength gains. I’m proud of myself for remaining consistent in the gym, but I’m also disappointed with the fat I’ve gained back. Despite this, I no long want to “get back” to any time before. That person was weak - mentally and physically. This time, I’ll lose the weight for the healthier, sexier person I want to be in the future.

I’m back on Noom because I like the daily check ins. I’m ready for this!

submitted by /u/Equal_Ball
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/xeilj8/no_looking_back/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...