Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Why do I gain weight when my sister loses it?

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Why do I gain weight when my sister loses it?

I (31F~265lbs) did an experiment. My sister (28F~140lbs) recently moved in with me and we’ve been doing everything together. She is not overweight or overweight. I am overweight. For two weeks I copied her food almost exactly. We drank the same amount except I drank more water than her and she drank more soda than me. We ate the same things except she buys huge bags of sour gummy candies and I don’t like that kind of candy and don’t have much of a sweet tooth, so I didn’t partake. She did buy me a sleeve of 4 Ferrero roche chocolates which I did eat 2 one day and 2 the next day, but nothing like her candy intake. We literally did everything together- neither of us work, we walk at the park together, go to the gym together (I did the same number of reps as her and set the treadmill to the same settings as her). I am about 2 inches taller than her, she’s 5 foot even and I’m 5’2. We weighed at the beginning of two weeks and at the end. I expected to lose weight, but I gained 3 pounds. I definitely expected her to gain weight, but she lost 2 pounds. It kinda feels validating because I consumed less calories than her but still gained weight so she finally sees that my weight isn’t just because I’m a weak person who overeats. But it still feels really unfair and I want to know why my body is like this.

submitted by /u/Temporary_Raise3924
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/xo4ldc/why_do_i_gain_weight_when_my_sister_loses_it/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...