Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Last three months of 2022 -- going to make this count.

Friday, September 30, 2022

Last three months of 2022 -- going to make this count.

One year ago, I attempted to lose some weight. I was 186 lbs in July 2021 and my A1c was a little too close to a prediabetes diagnosis. I started recording my weight in October 2021 - 182 lbs. I found running helped calm my nerves, so I did that and religious (and obsessive) calorie counting. Oh yeah, and intermittent fasting. Three months of running/walking later with bad shoes and a stubborn refusal to stretch before/after workouts (almost no strength training too lmao), I was 170 lbs, but I had to quit my favorite way to exercise.

It has already been one year since I put my all into losing weight for the sake of my health, and I've definitely learned a few lessons regarding my relationship with food (binge eating and restrictive calorie counting are no longer an issue for me) and proper exercise routines. I gained a bit of weight back since mid August 2022 due to a shift in routines and stress (4 lbs), but now I am looking forward to losing at least 10 lbs over the next 3 months (happy place is 12 lbs loss, max is 15 lbs loss). Ideally I'd like to lose 4-5 lbs/month in October, November, and December, but I've learned that sustainability and flexibility is key to feeling in control and maintaining a positive/growth mindset.

Sadly, I still cannot run/walk long distances. Maybe in 2024 I will be able to overcome this runner's knee! I cannot stress the importance of stretching, yoga, pilates, strength training, etc. I like doing intense cardio workouts and these workouts are typically the opposite of that for me. But it's important to take care of one's body this way too. Balance and all that fun stuff!

Here's to the last three months of 2022 -- wishing everyone the best of luck wherever you are in your journey.

submitted by /u/EpidermGrowthFactor
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/xshfwi/last_three_months_of_2022_going_to_make_this_count/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...