Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Have you ever heard “don’t get too skinny!” From family and friends?

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Have you ever heard “don’t get too skinny!” From family and friends?

Have you ever heard this from family members and close friends? Specifically these groups of people telling you to not get “too skinny” after you lose a lot of noticeable weight?

For context: this was happening to me in highschool when I lost about 70 pounds. I went from 250 to 180 and I kept getting all these comments saying I shouldn’t get too skinny. These comments then led me to gain back the weight (plus more). Then because covid I hit my heaviest at 318. I’m down to 288 now because of walking and calorie counting. But, people really were hounding me about my body. Like, as if my weight loss personally affected them. Has this happened to anyone else?

Now that I’m older and living on my own thankfully I am not in an environment where I can get these comments from the same people. But it just seemed like my family was always so invested in my body…

Side note: I wanted to say that I officially joined a gym today after a year of being on my fitness journey. This is a big step for me as I hate gyms but knew this was the next step in my journey :) I looked around my town and found a nice lowkey gym, and I feel comfortable there. Feels good to be apart of a gym again after so long.

Sorry for the rambling. Needed to get these thoughts off my chest.

submitted by /u/puravida_97
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/xfbbsn/have_you_ever_heard_dont_get_too_skinny_from/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...