Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: It blows my mind how quickly calories add up.

Monday, September 19, 2022

It blows my mind how quickly calories add up.

I recently started tracking my calories on myfitnesspal and I realized how quickly calories add up. It’s so disheartening and frustrating cause I’m short (5’2) and my calories to maintain my weight are around 1200. If I want to lose weight, less than that so you get the idea.

I know people say it’s too low and unhealthy but if you’re short that’s unfortunately the case. I’ve been trying to do intuitive eating and not count my calories cause I think it makes me obsessive and feels restrictive but I have been steadily gaining weight. Not much, maybe 5 pounds but the trend seems to keep going up. I am fairly active and do 30 min cardio and strength training like 3-4 times a week. I also do boxing once a week. I thought that would help me maintain or even lose some weight but it doesn’t seem like it.

Also I’ve came to realize not to trust my Apple Watch for the calories burned cause it seems to be inaccurate and overestimates the amount I burn waking or exercising.

Unfortunately the only time I was ever able to lose a significant amount of weight was when I was doing the Keto diet (15lb) which I know people now say it’s unhealthy and restrictive. But it worked for me and I was down to 117lb back in 2018. Now I’m 123lb. I was able to main thing it fairly well until the past 2 years that I don’t watch my carb intake and started eating bread again.

I’m almost 30 now and I don’t want to keep gaining weight cause I know how hard it is to lose it as you get older. Hence I’ve got back to tracking and minimizing carb intake. I know that’s going to affect my workouts but I don’t see any other way. It’s so frustrating that weight loss is solely dependent on how much you eat. Working out it’s the easy part. Just wanted to vent.

submitted by /u/NecessaryRude
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/xiwalf/it_blows_my_mind_how_quickly_calories_add_up/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...