Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Guidance on maintaining an active social life and losing weight through a calorie deficit

Monday, September 5, 2022

Guidance on maintaining an active social life and losing weight through a calorie deficit

Hey r/loseit,

I've been calorie tracking on and off for years using Lose It. Over the last 15 months I've lost about 30 pounds through regular, regimented cardio exercise and maintaining a calorie deficit. Im proud ive been able to make it this far, but I still think I have another 15 pounds to go (at least, before re-evaluating if my goal weight is indeed how I feel I should be at after reaching there).

However, my consistency with maintaining to be in deficit is pretty poor - I usually only maintain it for less then a week before I'm invited out to a bar, dinner, a party, etc. and then it all goes out the window. Sunday - Thursday (day) I can maintain the deficit well, as I usually cook all of my own meals and dont have social plans that could up-end my calorie budget for the day. Thursday night - Sunday morning I often go out with friends to bars or restaurants. Most of my extra calories consumed during those times is from alcohol, "drunk" snacking, or going out to eat at a restaurant and have no clue how many calories im consuming. I have been on a -2 lb/week calorie deficit, which means I lose about 1lb S-Th, while being able to maintain it. But, the other days of the week likely offset whatever gains I've made.

I have considered rationing additionional calories to the weekend, but I am already at the lowest calorie amount per day that's recommend for a 23 yr old, active male (~ 1500 cals). I dont have additional ones to "give" to weekend days to allow myself some leeway.

Can someone recommend to me some guidance, resources or your own advice for how you maintain having an active social life while maintaining a calorie deficit?

submitted by /u/FutureSomething2036
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/x6werr/guidance_on_maintaining_an_active_social_life_and/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...