Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: The Type of Scale MATTERS

Friday, January 7, 2022

The Type of Scale MATTERS

My first go around a few years back I dropped from 220lbs to 171lbs (5'9 male) in 4months.

I had a pretty good scale (Health-o-Meter) that tracks your weight/bmi/bodyfat/watermass/ etc.

I was able to remain around 175lbs for a few years. When Covid hit (March 2020) I had to leave college and return home. When I got home I started using a cheap scale my parents had, also around that time I wanted to get to 195lbs to help me reach my powerlifting goal of 315lbs (Benching)

I reached my benching goal but by the end of 2020 I reached 216lbs, 21lbs over what I wanted my max weight to be.

I spent all of 2021 trying to lose weight, I tried everthing but my weight would not budge. Most times my weight would go UP.

I knew that working out can cause water retention but I felt something was wrong. I was getting so dissapointed everytime I got on that scale I would give up and binge, I even got to the point where I would hate to step on the dang thing and would not weigh myself to avoid being dissapointed.

On Dec 2021 I decided I had enough and pulled out my old scale. I saw that I was 2lbs lighter on the scale and it accurately tracked my weight. If I took off my clothes and stepped on it it would actually show I dropped .8lbs. The other scale remained the same.

In 3 weeks of using my old scale I've already lost 13lbs (Im 203lbs)!! ..I spent the whole year battling my weight using a cheap scale to no avail but things have been so much smoother since switching back to my old one.

If you are planning to lose weight I believe having the proper scale is important. People say the number on the scale shouldn't matter, but it does. Weightloss may be "simple" but its extremely taxing. To not see any progress can be really discouraging, especially when you've tried so hard to change your habits!

submitted by /u/ISpeakYouListen
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/rymwvt/the_type_of_scale_matters/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...