Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Week 1 - I feel like I have a 3 month deadline hanging over my head

Monday, January 17, 2022

Week 1 - I feel like I have a 3 month deadline hanging over my head

Hi all! I'm hoping to find inspiration, knowledge, and a kind community (see username) by getting involved here. My partner is not interested in losing weight with me or changing his diet/exercise at all, and none of my friends need or want to lose weight. I do feel kind of alone in this in real life.

My routine, which I started this week and am very open to feedback on...

- continue eating vegan (14 years and counting, but my diet relies more on fake cheese and carbs than vegetables)

- use noom MyFitnessPal every day for weighing, calorie counting and the CBT lessons (after further research, noom kinda sucks and my free trial period is almost up anyway)

- eat more "green" and "yellow" foods than "red" foods (a noom thing about caloric density)

- eat between 1000 - 1200 calories a day

- orlistat after high-fat meals to reduce fat absorption

- plenity in the evening, before the time I would normally binge-eat

- cook at home starting 1x a week (not counting microwave meals)

- strength or yoga exercises 4x a week -- starting with just 10 minutes for two weeks, increasing to 15, then 20, and so on

- daily phentermine

This last one is what's making me nervous about having a "three month deadline." That's how long the NP said it will be effective for before building a tolerance to it, even with fluoxetine (Prozac) that apparently keeps it effective for longer. She told me to use this period to build healthy habits so I can stick to them after my appetite is no longer suppressed.

I'm really worried I won't be able to stick to a healthy number of calories and a decent amount of exercise after the phentermine wears off. I'm doing fine on the first one since I started this routine, but... I'm feeling really shitty about myself after doing my first "workout" today. I was supposed to do warm-up stretches, then 6 min of strength, then cool down stretches. Y'all - the warm-up alone kicked my ass and I couldn't push myself to complete the rest. I don't want to be this weight the rest of my life, and I don't want to lose weight just to gain it right back.

I don't know what the point of this post is exactly. I just wanted to share my thoughts somewhere because I have no one to talk about this with.

submitted by /u/be-nice-im-sensitive
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/s6jbfl/week_1_i_feel_like_i_have_a_3_month_deadline/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...