Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Making the hard choice between my meds and my weight

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Making the hard choice between my meds and my weight

Two years ago, I lost 40lbs at a slow and steady rate thanks to basic calorie counted. I ate between 1500-1600 calories a day, lots of veggies, whole grains, protein, and healthy fats.

A year ago, I was prescribed an SSRI. Suddenly, my appetite was through the roof. The exact same meals that used to leave me feeling full and satisfied left me feeling absolutely ravenous. I added more vegetables, more protein, all the tricks from r/volumeeating

After a year of trying and failing and falling off the wagon, I was up 20lbs and staring down the line between overweight and obese again. A few weeks ago, I made the difficult decision (with my doctor's approval) to taper off my meds.

Like magic, I'm once again eating 1400-1500 calories and feeling satisfied again after every meal. I'm hopeful that everything will stay this way and I won't have to make a choice between my weight and my mental health.

submitted by /u/Domestic_Ice
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/s7dixz/making_the_hard_choice_between_my_meds_and_my/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...