Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: WEIGHT LOSS TIPS/FEELING DISCOURAGED

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

WEIGHT LOSS TIPS/FEELING DISCOURAGED

Hello. I am 5’2 180lb female. I gained 30lbs since March 2020 due to starting nursing school and having no time and energy to go to the gym. I graduated in December 2021 (yay) and since December 20, 2021 I have been going to the gym 4x a week, lifting HEAVY, compound lifts, progressive overload, and doing HIIT 1-2x a week. I have stopped eating out (mostly) and for the last 2 weeks I’ve been cooking my meals. I’ve been eating high protein foods. I started using MyFitnessPal last week so that I could track more strictly. I definitely have gotten stronger, but the scale has NOT budged. At all.

This isn’t my first rodeo with getting fit. A few years ago, I strictly lifted weights while continuing to eat fast food and junk, and still lost weight and looked great. I’m not understanding why it’s been a month and the scale hasn’t moved at all. I wish I had’ve taken my measurements in the beginning but I didn’t. I did measure myself a few days ago and I will start using that as well moving forward. I understand that you must be in a caloric deficit to lose weight, but I’ve been maintaining my weight for the last several months (I know this because I kept weighing myself) even though I wasn’t working out. That means that I was burning the same amount that I was eating. So considering that I am 10x more active now, I would have expected SOME scale changes.

Please help, feeling discouraged

submitted by /u/One_Animator_5004
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/s79wq9/weight_loss_tipsfeeling_discouraged/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...