Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Seeking Help for Getting Started with DASH Diet and General Tips

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Seeking Help for Getting Started with DASH Diet and General Tips

Hello everyone,

Last time I posted I was having issues with CICO where I thought I was exercising and eating enough, come to find out I just needed to find the caloric range that worked for my body, as the various TDEE calculator advice just wasn't working for me. I can safely say I've successfully started losing about a pound a week, starting late August, and I'm down nearly 20lbs and one pants size, eating between 1200-1500cal a day (usually the higher end of that range). Some weeks I don't lose anything, but I understand that I might need to be a bit more disciplined to achieve more. I'm ok with this, this is a comfortable situation for me. Monday thru Friday I get roughly 3 miles of walking, and several minutes of pushing, lifting, pulling at work, which has been my exercise.

Up until this point I've been mostly focused on portion control and I've made a few healthy substitutions for my usual go-tos. After some recent blood work I would like to shift gears and focus on incorporating more healthy foods, and the DASH Diet has a great appeal as my bad cholesterol is a little high and I have some vitamin deficiencies (my mom did tell me the former runs in my family, but I don't want to just accept that blindly).

So what I'm interested in at least to start is some simple, easy foods to get started on DASH and beginner tips on how to get those daily portions in. Things that can be quickly and snacks for work are ideal. Things that are relatively easy to consume. If you're willing to share things that work for you, tips to get your daily portions of veggies and fruit in, etc, that would be a huge help.

For a bit more context about my struggles and eating habits: My biggest struggle with eating better has been getting my brain to think of the healthy choices as "food" when I'm hungry and looking at what I have at home. Throughout life my diet hasn't had a lot of veggies or fruit in it so when I think "what do I have that is food here?" my brain tends to seek easy things I can add lots of cheese to, like canned pasta. This has been a hard habit to break (though I can happily say I haven't eaten a whole can of chef boyardee in many weeks). Often when I buy healthy things to try out I forget about them. So I've been working on finding food that I gravitate towards. Some days, I don't have a lot of energy for meal prep so having simple to make stuff around the house works very well for me.

Any tips are appreciated, I do want to preface that by saying that I don't wish to discuss keto, or other heavy protein/fat focused diets right now. I have been there, and I don't think this will help me with my current struggles. Thank you. 💙

submitted by /u/EpicHammerspace
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/s7cdph/seeking_help_for_getting_started_with_dash_diet/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...