Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: My mother is buying me way more food then usual lately.

Friday, January 21, 2022

My mother is buying me way more food then usual lately.

I suppose for some context, I’m 5’2 SW: 190lb CW: 152lb GW: 130-115 lb. I’m still in the middle of my weight loss journey and have been unintentionally maintaining for the last few months.

My weight loss has become noticeable to others by this point since I’ve lost most of it in my face, neck, and chest. A few family members have whispered to me how “good I look” and have been quite positive towards it, my mother included.

However ever since the holidays hit and I have been staying at home with my parents more, I’ve noticed my mother being overly open in buying me snacks and other things I don’t ask for. Particularly sweets like candy and ice cream, even when she asks if I want anything from the store and I tell her no (this is my answer 95% of the time).

The only reason I find this odd and alarming is because she never really did this when I was obese, my childhood obesity basically survived because I would take stuff from the kitchen in secret, even stealing food from other people. My mother would hardly ever buy food for me like this back when I was more gluttonous and actually wanted it. So to have her do it when I’m actively losing the weight is strange.

I seriously don’t believe my mother is intentionally trying to sabotage me, she seems genuinely happy for my weight loss when she does mention it and she’s not constantly talking about my body either so I’m not exactly sure what is going on.

All I know is that the excess food is getting a bit out of hand, I think I have three mostly full bags of candy in my drawer now that take forever for me to finish because I don’t eat food as excessively as I used to. Plus she constantly loads the fridge with foods I hardly ever eat because I don’t need to, while commenting that (insert item here) is going to go to waste if it’s not eaten. I usually end up telling her it’s not my responsibility to eat everything in the fridge.

Anyone else gone through this? What was the reason if you did?

submitted by /u/unlikelycompliance
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/s9mx9v/my_mother_is_buying_me_way_more_food_then_usual/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...