Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Holy shit—I’m doing even better than I thought (and I thought I was doing pretty dang well)

Friday, January 28, 2022

Holy shit—I’m doing even better than I thought (and I thought I was doing pretty dang well)

I don’t know the rules for rants because I just got here but I found out something extremely excitint so I wanted to share. So I’m 18, I’ve been overweight to damn near obese all my life, and I genuinely started to worry that I’d get diabetes or that I was approaching diabetes. Couple this with my awful teeth because of the poor diet and bad dental home care, I decided I needed to finally change. So I did.

It really started to happen from about the start of 2021 to now as we’re starting 2022. I decided to start tracking my calorie intake, eating WAY less than I did before (going o.m.a.d.), I walk a mile every day (or try to to mixed results lol sometimes I’m on it sometimes I’m still a fatty and can’t be bothered), and I try to avoid sugar and bread whenever I can on top of that, again to protect my teeth from the two most harmful things for it.

I turned 18 last February and got my ID in July or so. I think I had lost some pounds by that point but when I weighed in, I tipped the scales apparently at 215 pounds. I’m just learning that now and that’s why I feel the need to share how I’m doing with total strangers who have better things to do because…when I weighed in last night, in clothes, I found out I’m 165 pounds on the dot.

I’ve been grinding the last month or so in terms of the rate of my obese mass being shaved off, and I was happy because I thought I’d lost 20 pounds or so since last year (edit: meaning the last 365 days, I havent lost 50 since the start of 2022 lol confusing language from me). Maybe 30, but that would be pushing it. No, I’ve lost 50 pounds, legit, 50!!!, and I genuinely have a lot of weight still to go because I feel better the way I eat now than I ever did and don’t intend to stop. Who knew one meal a day made you more energized and less hungry?

So that’s all. I’m not a workout warrior the way many of you probably are. I just don’t stuff as many donuts in my face as I would have two years ago without giving it a second thought. It’s not as admirable as many of you probably putting in actual work, and blood, sweat and tears to hit your goal weights. Where you guys are probably shredding to get six pack abs I’m just trying to lose my moobs. But I’m feeling the best I’ve ever felt physically, I’ve lost a ton of weight and have the chance to lose more.

If there’s any reason to take this for more than “Look at me! Praise me for how amazing I think I am in the moment!”, maybe just tell yourself that if somebody like ME can lose the amount of weight you see in annoying TV testimonials and feel even averagely healthy for the first time in their lives, you can too. For real

submitted by /u/YouDontGetItStill
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/sf8vr5/holy_shitim_doing_even_better_than_i_thought_and/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...