Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Weight gain after surgery (hysterectomy) - when to start trying to lose again?

Friday, January 28, 2022

Weight gain after surgery (hysterectomy) - when to start trying to lose again?

Hi all… I’ve been a longtime lurker. I’m usually anxious about posting online!

23(F) 5’4. History of anorexia and bingeing. Started at 182lbs in November 2018, and was at 123lbs by June 2020. I did it with lots of temptation in the house. I’m currently back to about 145lbs.

I’ve had 6 surgeries since my journey but am struggling with this one. After lots of fighting and other failed treatment, I got a hysterectomy. It was laparoscopically done and I kept my ovaries and have had complications.

I think I tried to go back to “normal life” too fast. My weight steadily climbed up the last six months but my hysterectomy has made it harder.

I still have a lot of abdominal swelling at 2 1/2 months post op. But I’m trying and struggling to lose weight again. Some of it is definitely emotional.

When it comes to counting calories, I either do really well but eat too small of an amount or eat way too much. I find the numbers to be more stressful now and I’m considering more mindful eating instead this time. I’m either really hungry or have absolutely no appetite.

I’m sure there have been posts about it, but how long have you personally waited after a procedure to lose weight again? I’d love to hear any experiences. Should I wait until further out to start trying to lose again?

And any encouragement would be appreciated. :) I keep thinking about how much better I felt when I was in the 120s and how unhealthy food makes me physically feel, but it only helps so much. I’m having a harder time avoiding temptation as well. My ovaries are all I have left and they aren’t doing well, so I think that and everything else in my life is making it a challenge.

Thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/abusedpoet
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/sf6hf7/weight_gain_after_surgery_hysterectomy_when_to/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...