Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: When you just think you cannot go further, dig deep and you'll find a way to push yourself.

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

When you just think you cannot go further, dig deep and you'll find a way to push yourself.

Completely random post, but honestly, we all get to that point when we're beat up, tired of being at a deficit, some folks like me probably pushing hard in the gym, others just stick to diet, that's fine. But you know, what I'm saying is, THAT point when you're like ok, I just need to get through today, then the week, and then the next but you have to focus on a day to day basis to stick to the plan.

Diet and workout fatigue is a normal thing, it's also a good time to see what you are made of. I do not mean in a unhealthy way that is going to injure yourself. Reason I'm making that post is that yesterday I had a really good running workout, did some speedwork, truly beat me up for 34mins, then followed Chest and legs day which just finished me. It really fucking sucks to do in the moment, but man does it feel go to accomplish it. Now came today. Normally in between workouts (M/W/F/S are my workouts days) I will simply do some light cardio, generally a small 30 min (Feels weird to say small paired with 30m, I've come such a long way) but today I really was fighting against my head to not go. To take an off day and recuperate. My legs are shut from yesterday and running wouldn't have been a good idea overall.

After ruminating over this while at work and trying to figure a game plan for my evening workout, I decided fuck it. It's winter, it's the coldest it's ever been in years where I live, but fuck it. If I must I will. I've put on my full ski attire and went for a 5.2K walk at a nice and hot -34 celcius w/ the windchill. I am someone that HATES when it's too cold... like that. Well you know what? I blasted music, kindly reminded myself why I was doing this and what was the end goal (Thinking about my weight lost) and slowly but surely I got lost in my thoughts and in the music. To be completely honest, I had good enough clothing that I wasn't cold at all by the end of it. I really had to dig deep to convince myself of walking at such low temperatures, it would've taken less to take an off day before.

This post is just to show you that you are capable of way more than you think, especially when you practice discipline in those hard moments. Taking a day off would've been fine really, but, why not spend 1 hour to walk a tiny 5.2K be done with it, feel good about it afterward and know you burned some calories. This is one example out of many I personally had to experience in the last 4 months. This one is about not wanting to workout. I've had many experiences where it's about you think you cannot finish your run because it's too hard, or whatever the case may be, and you just dig deep and find some more energy that pushes you to finish your workout. I've said since day 1 of this journey, when I go to the gym to workout, I need to come out of it drenched in sweat, otherwise I will feel like I haven't tried to be better than the last time. It's all about self improvement and finding yourself for me.

Now it's time for me to go enjoy some very nice bland 8oz chicken which I will devour LOL.

submitted by /u/Noktawr
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/scqamz/when_you_just_think_you_cannot_go_further_dig/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...