Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I need help changing myself

Sunday, January 2, 2022

I need help changing myself

I’m a 6 foot 3 male, 19 years old, just weighed in at 265 pounds after not weighing myself for half a year. I cannot believe I gained 65 pounds since covid started. I’m done, I want to go back to what I used to be.

I need help. I cannot live like this. I want to share my full story in this post too because it contains successes and failures in my weight loss journey. It could help those of you who are trying the things that I did.

First, I want to describe what my life is like right now. I’m a musician, and things have been going really well in that department. I am also a full time college sophomore at a university. However, my eating and exercising habits are pitiful. Every night at 2am, I drown myself in a full glass of rum or gin, followed by whatever foods I can find in my fridge. Frozen foods, quesadillas, even a can of ravioli. I wake up between 10am and 2pm every day, eat a fairly sized breakfast of either canned food or chorizo, and another smaller meal around 6 to 8. Every fucking night. I don’t exercise anymore. Girls aren’t into me anymore. Shits fucked up.

Now, I want to share a little backstory of my weight loss journey. From a young age, I have been taunted and ridiculed for being overweight by friends, family, peers, etc. Both my brothers were all overweight as well, but over the years, they have not only shed all the weight, but built up a great deal of muscle as well. They motivated me to do something about it in the first place. When I started highschool, I joined the football team to make a change in my life. I spent many days eating bagged tuna and leftover grilled chicken for a few months, and lost 60 pounds, putting me at 215. After I quit football in my sophomore year, I began fluctuating between 215 and 230 for the next few years until senior year, when I dropped down to 200, the best I’ve ever been. I was working out, lifting, eating meals of steak and chicken if grill myself for a long time in this stage. Eventually, covid came and we all suddenly had to go home, in the middle of the year. I would work out at home, eat decent meals, and life was good. I injured my arm badly from working out at some point, which demotivated me heavily. However, a month or so later, I began power lifting with my friend group. My weight at this point fluctuated between 215 and 225. My friend who hosted the the workout house went to rehab, so we all stopped working out. That was 7 months ago. Since then, I’ve gained 40 pounds and lost all my muscle. I am ashamed. A change needs to happen. I need advice.

submitted by /u/anom193874829
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/runwzr/i_need_help_changing_myself/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...