Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I feel like sometimes this sub is too critical against exercise

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

I feel like sometimes this sub is too critical against exercise

First, I want to admit that yes, CICO is the key to weight loss. This is true, I’m not arguing it. I also fully admit that if someone is eating well over their maintenance/binge eating/eating out of feelings and not hunger, then ultimately changing their diet will be the key for the majority of weight loss. That being said, I feel like the importance of exercise is often pretty understated, especially towards the end of a weight loss journey for those last 20/30 pounds.

Personally, I love food. It’s one of my favorite things, I love cooking and baking, and I love eating. Until last year, I was also pretty sedentary, and on average I probably ate around 2000cals a day (last year I weighed 160 at 5’2, and I was slowly gaining at that amount). Now, I weigh 130, and I still eat 2000 calories a day. It’s been a huge lifestyle change, and not everyone has the privilege to add exercise to their daily routine, but if you’re like me and really like food, you’re on the smaller side, and just generally don’t want to have to cut back, finding a sport/hobby that’s active and helps you stay active can really make a difference. I started walking 6 to 7 miles a day, going on biweekly 5k runs, and I’ve honestly never felt better, and by my basic calculations I’m burning 500 to 600 extra calories per day. And I eat exactly the same amount. I realize that if I ever stop exercising I will have to change my diet again or gain more weight, but I’m ok with that.

All of this isn’t to say that you can’t or shouldn’t lose weight by changing your diet, and again I realize that not everyone has the privilege of being able to exercise consistently. But for the people who really love eating food and really don’t want to change their eating habits, there are still options.

submitted by /u/ratemepls1223
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/yw8h59/i_feel_like_sometimes_this_sub_is_too_critical/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...