Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: 3 days into a maintenance break…. And not lovin it??

Monday, November 28, 2022

3 days into a maintenance break…. And not lovin it??

Long time lurker here :) My stats are 41F, 5’4”, SW230+, CW170-180 (I think- still haven’t bit the bullet to get on a damn scale). Been at this since January 2022, sticking to 100 days of deficit followed by 2 weeks at maintenance calories, deficit calories around 1600, maintenance calories around 2000, including 150+ grams of protein.

I recently started my third maintenance break of the year and quite frankly feel horrible. I expected a little bloating from extra food volume but this is ridiculous. And I am actually HUNGRIER now than I was in deficit?!? Random urges to eat all the things that I thought I had conquered (haha). I am trying my best to channel Half Size Me Heather and tell my lower brain to go somewhere else with that nonsense, I’m sticking to the plan but I’m just surprised to be feeling mentally weak when I should (or expected to) be feeling more satiated. I had been eagerly anticipating this maintenance break but I kinda want it to end lol. The energy boost I was expecting from 400 extra calories has not materialized. My big plan was to hit the gym and up all my weights now that I have some extra fuel in the tank to work with calorie-wise but the reality is that I could hardly get off the couch today. Uuuugh. My previous maintenance breaks felt much smoother and I did notice an uptick in energy levels.

Anyone else out there expect great things from a maintenance break and ended up feeling let down? Will I adjust eventually or did I screw things up for myself by cutting for too long, and now my body is trying to swing the pendulum to the other extreme? Tips and tricks or even just some encouraging words appreciated! Love this community- the first thing I read when I wake up in the morning!

submitted by /u/Lanky-Chair-305
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/z78pnp/3_days_into_a_maintenance_break_and_not_lovin_it/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...