Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Food struggles

Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Food struggles

Hey all, I've been trying to lose weight for awhile, but I'm pretty dumb on the topic and could use some tips.

I'm 34F, 220 lbs. I took the plunge and signed up for a 45 min, 3x a week gym class catered to people new to exercising who had a lot of weight they wanted to lose. The class is interesting and helpful except for two things:

1) In six weeks, I've lost zero weight.

2) I struggle with fatigue normally, but after going to the class for six weeks, I was starting to get nonfunctional. I couldn't think straight at work (I'm a software engineer), was too exhausted to do chores in my house, etc. A couple of times in class I nearly passed out. We weren't doing anything that difficult.

I think the problem might be food related. Previously when I wanted to lose weight, I just ate less, and I always managed to lose 20 lbs within a few months while barely trying. But since COVID, that hasn't been working. Over the past few years, I've gotten into the habit of only eating one meal a day because I'm so busy at work and I hate, hate, *hate* cooking and am bored with almost all food. I used to drink iced tea all day and would just eat one meal when I came home from work, but I've switched out the iced tea for water with Nuun tablets. Haven't seen a difference yet.

I've recently been diagnosed with gastroparesis and my doctor says I have to eat more meals -- at the very least, start with the normal three meals a day, but six meals a day would be optimal. It's been a struggle. If I eat during the day, I get really grumpy and hangry, and it also annoys me because nothing is really appetizing to me. If I don't eat, I don't get hungry and I can focus on my job. But not eating is probably worsening my gastroparesis symptoms, and I don't know if that's the cause of my extreme fatigue when exercising.

Does anyone have any tips to get down the right path? A calorie deficit is easy when I'm only eating one meal a day, but much harder when I'm trying to eat more. And although I'd love to lose weight, I'm much more concerned about my fatigue problems. My hopes was that exercise and getting more into shape would give me more energy, but my current attempt has led to me feeling so much worse. I have to be doing something wrong.

submitted by /u/wishkres
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/z36u6l/food_struggles/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...