Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I hurt my back again pretty badly and feel really depressed. To the point I don't even want to get out of bed. Really need some encouragement/advice

Sunday, November 27, 2022

I hurt my back again pretty badly and feel really depressed. To the point I don't even want to get out of bed. Really need some encouragement/advice

Hi all,

As the title says, I've injured myself pretty badly again.

A couple of years ago, in the summer of 2018 I hurt myself doing deads. This took a lot of visits to doctors/chiros, rehab work on my own (although inconsistently) and a lot of time away from the gym. An MRI showed disc desiccation had occurred, which is some sort of drying of some liquid in the back.

This time, it happened on incline DB press (I know, right?). Never had an issue with this exercise before in relation to the back. But I guess when the weight got heavy and I started grinding reps, my back arched and I fucked it up..

I just recently got back into the gym since late June. After a long, long layoff (since before covid). I wasn't even doing deads or squats. Tried to be extra careful because of my previous injury. Stretching before the workout, doing warm ups with several lighter sets on several exercises. And it still happened.

I gained a lot of weight during covid lockdowns. WFH, ordering every weekend and doing fuck all. The weight was finally coming off, I was regaining my old muscle and even making new gains. Now I feel like I'm back to square one. I don't even know how long this thing will take or what to do? It's just the day after now and my back is so goddamn stiff. Sitting on the toilet, walking, coughing, releasing gas, it's all uncomfortable. Laying down on the bed/floor is still better. I wanted to get my 10k steps for the day in regardless, but don't even feel like doing that.

One really annoying thing is I'm still fat right now. I didn't cut enough since I rejoined the gym. Now I can continue doing my walks and some sort of cardio (eventually), but even then without the lifting I'll lose a lot of the muscle I trained so hard to get. Just a really shitting situation.

Maybe after a few weeks, I'll get back and do whatever I can that doesn't compromise the back to much. Like cable crossovers, curls, tricep press downs, etc. Sucks I won't be able to do OHP, incline bench, but better than nothing I guess.

My personal life isn't great either and I won't get into that here, but the gym was an outlet. Just somewhere I could escape and make progress, even if I wasn't making progress in many other areas of life. Now for the time being, even that's gone.

Anyways, just wanted to vent a little. Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/AAQ94
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/z6fjma/i_hurt_my_back_again_pretty_badly_and_feel_really/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...