Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I broke my 1,504 day streak on MyFitnessPal (and did a deep dive into the data!)

Sunday, September 11, 2022

I broke my 1,504 day streak on MyFitnessPal (and did a deep dive into the data!)

To explain my mildly click-baity title, I broke my streak because I found other tracking apps were better for my current needs. Anyway—

Before I deleted it from my Home Screen, where its little blue icon steadfastly sat since August 2018, I went through 4 years of data, and entered my average weekly calories into an excel spreadsheet. I also checked my total steps — I let the app count steps from my iPhone, but only recorded “total” calories in my spreadsheet, not “net” (adjusting for steps taken). The data I found were very interesting!

I am a 5’6” (167-8cm) woman in her late thirties. I downloaded my fitness pal weighing 280lbs (127kg). My BMI was 45. I lost the majority of my weight very steadily from august 2018 to September 2020. I have pretty steadily maintained within a 10 pound range of 170lbs (76-80kgs) since then. A lot of diet advice out there would tell me to eat between 12-1500 calories a day, otherwise I would never lose weight.

Well, I didn’t follow that advice (I ate way more) and I definitely lost a lot of weight. Behold:

Average weekly calories in 2018: 1830

Average weekly calories in 2019: 1975

Average weekly calories in 2020: 1950

Average weekly calories in 2021: 2175

Average weekly calories in 2022 (so far): 2138

Average daily steps: 7,254

What does this information tell you? CONSISTENCY is king. I lost a massive amount of weight, playing the averages game. There were plenty of weeks of 1700-1800 and plenty of vacation weeks at 2400-2500. I logged (estimated!) through birthdays, new jobs, moving, bad news, good news, the pandemic, vacations, and random boring Tuesdays where nothing happened. They all evened out.

Even though there is a jump of about 200 calories/day between 2020 and 2021, I didn’t gain 20 pounds (or 10kg). My eating began to adapt to my lifestyle. There was a time in 2021 where I was riding 1000kms (~620 miles) per month on a bicycle. 5k races were entered, and completed. I hiked mountains with 1600m+ (4,000ft+) of elevation. My lifestyle evolved with me.

Just a friendly reminder that the long game works. You don’t have to cut your calories crazy low to be successful!

submitted by /u/koopzegels
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/xbu444/i_broke_my_1504_day_streak_on_myfitnesspal_and/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...