Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: My best friend doesn't like that I'm trying to lose weight

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

My best friend doesn't like that I'm trying to lose weight

I (21F) weigh about 101 kg (220 pounds) and is 167 cm (5'5 isch). My goal weight is 70 kg (155 pounds).

Me and my best friend (22F) have always joked about us being "the fat duo", like whenever she says that she feel fat I'll slide in with a "same". Or the other way around. And we like to eat snacks together while gaming.

I haven't really said that I'm trying to lose weight. I've just told her that I gonna try and not eat as much snacks as before. That I'm gonna eat healthier. To that she answered "Haven't you tried eating healthier before and failed?" Which yes, I have. But still.

It feels like she's sometimes trying to sabotage my diet. Like she'll go and buy ice cream, ask if I want some, I'll say no (unless it's like an weekend), but she'll buy anyway saying that I'll "change my mind and want later". That makes it so hard for me to not eat it. Sometimes I succeed and leave the snack alone, and sometimes I crack because it's right in front of me.

She likes to joke about us being fat. I don't mind the jokes, but I wish they weren't true. I want to lose weight so that she or anyone else jokingly call me fat, it would only be a joke with no merit to it.

She probably has kind intentions. But it's making it so much harder.

I don't want to tell her that I want to lose weight, because I know that it's also a big insecurity of hers. I don't want her to think that I think she should lose weight just because I'm trying too. She's bigger than I am, and I don't want her to take it the wrong way.

Any tips? I don't know why she would try to sabotage my diet

submitted by /u/NightCool3774
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/v78qtw/my_best_friend_doesnt_like_that_im_trying_to_lose/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...