Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: For anyone feeling discouraged with the weight they have lost: use a 1L water bottle for reference.

Thursday, June 16, 2022

For anyone feeling discouraged with the weight they have lost: use a 1L water bottle for reference.

Backstory: I have recently started on my weight loss journey. I have previously been 52kg at 165cm, peek performance athlete and fitness instructor until I got sick (went down to 42kg) and subsequently gained 44kg taking me up to 86kg. My doctor said this put me in the ‘obese’ category on the BMI scale. My body has felt alien to me and it has been incredibly hard to adjust to the new person I am when looks and fitness used to be my literal bread and butter.

I have entered an extreme calorie deficit for the past few months and have been incorporating regular walks that average 8000 steps, half of which are on an incline. I eat very simply, aim for balanced meals that are free from processed foods. I have gotten to a place where my stomach has shrunk and I can fill up on a few small bites. Of course I do eat a little more every few days just to keep my metabolism from plateau.

I hadn’t weighed myself until recently when I saw that I had reached 80.1kg. I was disappointed. I was sure I had broken the 70s and was so disheartened when I saw the figure 8 at the start and not a 7 but I knew I was close and instead of getting upset and giving up, now was the time to double down and really commit.

I took a sip of water from my 1L water bottle and felt the weight of the bottle in my hand. It felt heavy. It dawned on me that although 6kgs doesn’t seem like very much - it is!

I had lost SIX of these water bottles worth of body fat in just a few months.

6kgs is just 6kgs until you physically fill up 6L of water in a bucket or hold 6 1L bottles of water - then it’s not just 6kgs anymore… it’s a an accomplishment you can visualise and feel.

This is just a reminder for anyone who’s hard on themselves when it comes to the numbers and is feeling disappointed with what they’ve lost so far, to try to use a physical representation of the weight lost - even if it’s a few hundred grams.

This helped me a lot and I hope it helps someone. I got on the scales this morning and hit 79.1kg so I finally broke into the 70s!

submitted by /u/bsmartm8
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/vdy9px/for_anyone_feeling_discouraged_with_the_weight/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...