Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I believe my birth control pill is hindering me from losing weight, but now I'm too afraid to get off of it

Sunday, June 26, 2022

I believe my birth control pill is hindering me from losing weight, but now I'm too afraid to get off of it

(prefacing this is probably a rant). I (20F) gained about 15 lbs within 1-2 months of starting the pill despite seemingly no habit changes. I'm very short (5 feet) so 15 lbs is a lot of weight. Before my weight gain, I hadn't really tried to live a fit lifestyle but always maintained my weight. Since thee weight gain, I've gone on a health journey that I'm very proud of. I eat very well/ what works for me (I never ever get fast food, I don't drink soda or sugary drinks, I eat mostly whole foods). I weight train mainly 5 days a week and go on a run/ hike daily on top of weight training. I only see my weight slightly climbing up. I am eating sufficient calories because I know sometimes cutting has the alternate effect. Anyways, I think my birth control is really hindering my weight loss, but with this horrible overturn of Roe v Wade (though I thankfully live in a state where it will remain legal), I'm just too damn scared to get off of it or even try to change my contraception form as I'm terrified reproductive rights will continue to dwindle.

also: just a note, I don't think there's anything wrong with eating fast food, drinking soda, etc in moderation and I hate that I sound like diet culture. I'm just saying that stuff isn't a part of my normal diet

submitted by /u/freeasme07
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/vljjz1/i_believe_my_birth_control_pill_is_hindering_me/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...