Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Struggling with hunger/overeating after increased activity

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Struggling with hunger/overeating after increased activity

F 24 5’9 SW:210 CW:150 GW:140 Like many people I lose the weight quickly at first (10lbs/month) and then after about 50 lbs it slowed down - A LOT. (Have only lost 10lbs in the last 90 days).

Lately I am struggling to meet my calorie goal unless I set it super high (1700-1900). I simply am hungry as hell and even eating that amount feel dizzy and lightheaded sometimes. So I do eat more (1900-2000) once a week or so. When losing my first 50 lbs, I was eating 1400-1500 no problem for months, no hunger pangs or big appetite like I’m struggling with now. It just feels a lot harder to stick to these last 20ish pounds. I am really angry with myself for not having more willpower/losing what willpower I had in the beginning.

I have become more active as I’ve lost weight, although I was an active person to begin with. My daily activity usually ends up around 18k-22k steps/day, walking/running/hiking combined. I do daily cardio (around 60 mins of heart rate over 140 BPM), and makeup the rest of the steps with walking. I spend a good amount of time moving at varying intensities- For example I’ve done 33 combined hours of exercise in June so far. According to my Apple Watch this puts me at around 700-1000 “move” calories on average. I know activity increases hunger some, but I feel like at 1800-2000 cals, I’m way overeating for my height and size and definitely am for my weight loss goals. Again, I seem to have lost my willpower with my new activity level.

This amount of activity is more than what I was doing when I was losing quickly but I do really enjoy working out and being active. However, increased activity does not make up for the increased eating that comes with it, because the scale doesn’t lie. Again, I’ve only lost 10lbs in the last 90 days where before I’d lose that in a month.

Is this just a matter of sucking it up and buckling down to 1400-1500 for the last 10 lbs? Any advice in setting a feasible calorie goal for someone who is highly active and hungry? Motivation for the sucky final pounds? I just feel disappointed in myself and I’m questioning where my strength, resilience and willpower that I originally had has gone, and how I can get it back. I hope to still lose weight and eat low calories without sacrificing my new enjoyment of exercise, but I need advice on balancing this.

submitted by /u/HauntedManagement
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/vhtb27/struggling_with_hungerovereating_after_increased/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...