Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Muscle Mass Calculation - Am I doing this right?

Thursday, June 23, 2022

Muscle Mass Calculation - Am I doing this right?

Hi, everyone! Just a question on muscle mass. I’ve been losing a bit of muscle mass which had me a bit worried, but looking at the bigger picture, I am now not sure if I still have to be concerned.

Using a body composition scale, when I weighed 228lbs, I have 106.2lbs muscle mass, which is about 47% of my weight. Now, I weighed in 192.8lbs and have 102.6lbs muscle mass, which is about 53% of my weight. (My body fat percentage also went down from 50 to 43)

So does this mean that I am actually losing muscle mass but it is still increasing based in my body composition? Is this a metric I should look into?

Also, if yes, what is a healthy percentage for this? I find different answers online. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/thegrapejuiceblues
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/vjagi3/muscle_mass_calculation_am_i_doing_this_right/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...