Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Compliments that turn awkward?

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Compliments that turn awkward?

Hi everyone I (39f) have recently lost 42lbs (SW 261 CW 219 H5'10) and ive started encountering this issue with friends that I'm not sure how to respond to. I'll have a friend say "you're looking really good/ really well/ you're doing great!" And I'll say thank you and then they'll look worried like they've said something wrong and say "not that you didn't look good before... I mean you've always looked good etc" And I just don't know how to respond or what to think about this.

It's happened a few times and only with my closest, dearest friends. Acquaintances will just say "you're doing great" or"you're looking good keep it going" etc which is fine. But close friends seem to need to add this footnote if they compliment me. It's like guys, I know you love me, I don't think you value me just for my looks and I don't doubt you still loved me when I was fatter' but I don't know how to say this to them.

What's a polite response to this strange back pedalling? I just get super awkward and giggle and change the subject which is even more awkward!

submitted by /u/Disastrous-Dig3846
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/vd5uq7/compliments_that_turn_awkward/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...