Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I have ADHD and I can barely eat

Saturday, June 18, 2022

I have ADHD and I can barely eat

I (21F, 5’2ish, 159) was at my highest weight between 2019 and 2020 when I left home for undergrad and had a meal plan with essentially unlimited access to food. Couple that with depression/ADHD and it was a terrible coping mechanism waiting to happen. Highest weight was 215 and my knees hurt as a teen, I was winded after the 3 flights of stairs to my apartment, it was just embarrassing. I’m so happy my joints no longer hurt and I can keep up with my peers now. Never want to be that big again, I’m way too short.

Now, I’m smaller than the weight on my license (got it at 16, reads 166) but I struggle to make any sort of meaningful routine to maintain this. I fully understand that your diet is the main thing to control and you can’t just exercise over top of nothing but junk, but some days I have zero appetite whatsoever and can only really get down prepackaged snacks (like fruit snacks, the small bags of crackers at checkstands, pints of blueberries, etc) and then water/tea. I don’t even get hunger signals half the time so I only really realize I haven’t eaten once I get a headache and even then I just go for a quick shot of sugar to get it to go away. Last weekend I went to a basketball game and hadn’t eaten all day nor did I feel any prompts to, and when it was time to leave my head was light and I had slight tremors.

I tried to do a reset starting this past Monday where I only had liquids for a couple days (water, Gatorade/Pedialyte for the electrolytes, green tea) and try to start fresh with solid food, but I was only able to get down three bites of a burrito and a couple chips before feeling like I’d stuffed an entire Thanksgiving plate into my stomach. It’s like I can’t make myself want it. I’m too old to not be able to eat full meals, I know it’s bad, and yes I’m panicking because this has been an ongoing thing.

Even right now, I’m trying to eat one of my favorite “cheat meals” (3 pc tenders from Popeyes, small fries, biscuit) and the box is still half full. I’ve been home with it for nearly an hour.

submitted by /u/Faded_Rainstorm
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/vfixj4/i_have_adhd_and_i_can_barely_eat/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...