Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: [Century Club] June 9, 2022 - Have you lost or need to lose 100 lbs or more? Here’s a thread just for you! Welcome back to the Century Club!

Thursday, June 9, 2022

[Century Club] June 9, 2022 - Have you lost or need to lose 100 lbs or more? Here’s a thread just for you! Welcome back to the Century Club!

Welcome back to the Century Club!

The Century Club is a regular weekly thread that I have been hosting since mid-2020 that started as a bit of a running gag. I often welcomed those who have lost 100+ lbs (~ 50 kg , ~7 stone) to “the club” and joked that club meetings were on Thursdays, and that joke has evolved into this regular weekly thread to talk about issues that are particular to those who have lost 100+ lbs, those who are well on their way as well as anyone who is just at the beginning of a journey this big.

Each week I will usually provide a topic of the day that has been on my mind or inspired by recent posts or comments. However you are free to talk about any topics you think might be relevant to current and prospective club members.

Previous Topics: Routine - Stylin' - Metrics - Foods You Avoid - Annoyances - Marathon - Serenity - Inconceivable! - Bright Lines - How are you doing? - Worth it? - Self-image and identity - Balance - Comments - Milestones - Life's disruptions - Triggers - Remembering - Mind Games - Starting 2022 - 2021 recap - 2020 recap


Flashbacks

I started this post this morning. Got sidelined by the contractor working on my house remodel and then work.

So this week I was struck by several memories from 2 years ago when both Google Photos and Facebook reminded me of pictures I had taken back in June 2020. You know, three months after the pandemic shut down life as we knew it and about 8 months after I has declared myself in maintenance.

Of course since I was being super cautious after almost 2 years of active weight loss, I kept losing for those months and was very close to the minimum weight that I've ever been at since I was in High School. My monthly average was 156 lbs back in June 2020 and I was as low as 153 lbs parts of that summer.

This morning I weighed in at 167. Only about 10 lbs or less than 10 % heavier, but I look completely different in pictures from 2 years ago. I looked emaciated, my head looked too large for my body. I looked like a cartoon character with a huge head on a stick-like body. Of course some of that was just the fact that I hadn't had a haircut in about 4 months by that point, my hair was much longer than at any point in the previous 35 years, but my body also looked very different.

Google photos showed me my nude progress pics and my core was visibly thinner but my midsection was quite a bit slimmer than today. My legs, in contrast, are all muscle now. Clearly my body prefers to keep my fat reserves around the middle than in my extremities. Two years later the loose wrinkly skin around my inner thighs is mostly gone. My rear end however still looks like a shar pei is living in my undershorts.

I don't have a good point of comparison with myself in my high school days. I know I still had a visible gut at ~78 kg (172 lbs) but all the pictures of me in '83-'84 are well clothed. They probably wouldn't have printed nude pictures of me if I took them! I do know for a fact that I was wearing a larger pant size, but some of that could be vanity sizing. My old Levi's 34x30s may actually be the same size as my current 32x32s.

With that perspective, I'm beginning to wonder if I should readjust my maintenance weight to 160-170 instead of 155-165. My doctor suggested a bright line of 175 to stay under. I really like myself at ~160 instead of ~155. I look better, I feel good and perform better in that range.

So, my question to you today my fine Centurions is twofold: What are the memories that help you see things objectively? And beyond that how do you set your goal weight or maintenance range?

submitted by /u/SmilingJaguar
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/v8ukgk/century_club_june_9_2022_have_you_lost_or_need_to/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...