Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Rant about overeating

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Rant about overeating

Hey all! First just want to say I am stoked I found this community, it's an absolute wealth of knowledge and support :)

I started my own journey beginning of this year, SW 84.4kgs/ CW 79.4kgs/ GW 74.4kgs by December.

I took a few weeks of just maintaining my loss and was not eating as healthy as I had been, and I'm pleased I didn't go up and may have even lost a bit in that time! I'm pretty happy overall with the lifestyle changes I have made, but one thing I've been struggling with is my lack of self control.

I think it's a pretty common struggle and how a lot of people gain weight in the first place. At home when I'm sticking with my regular meals I havent run into many issues, but if I make meal that I really enjoy, or I get my hands on some snacks it all goes out the window. For example, I got a packet of jelly airplanes, and I wanted to stick with my meal plan for the day, but my desire to eat them was just too strong I couldn't resist. It wasn't a big deal, one small packet of airplanes won't ruin all my progress. But I don't like feeling so out of control with this compulsion where I can't let 'treat foods' just sit there and not be eaten. Its like I could not focus until they were nicely tucked away in my belly. It would just be so nice to, well, be able to eat just half a bar of chocolate and think 'ok that's enough for today'.

Because of this, I have to be careful of what I cook for dinners and lunches, because if I like it too much I will eat it all until its gone in one sitting. I normally make enough for a few nights whenever I cook. I still definitely eat food I enjoy which I appreciate, I just can't enjoy it too much.

It's not the worst thing if I never manage to overcome this, I know I can probably work around it for the rest of my life. However, it would just be so nice to have better self control.

This is more of a rant just to get it out, but if anyone has any tips I'd be keen to hear them :)

submitted by /u/2curiouskiwi
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ty2w7t/rant_about_overeating/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...