Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: My fiancé pressures me to go to the gym

Thursday, April 21, 2022

My fiancé pressures me to go to the gym

I figured I would post this here since I’m actively trying to lose weight and I’ve been successful so far doing my thing.

My fiancé and I have been together a long time. He loves going to the gym and always has since the start of our relationship. I absolutely hate it. I spend enough time indoors, I don’t want to do exercise inside as well.

Personally, I prefer going on long walks and enjoying being outside. I put my music on and relax. For 30mins to 1 hour, I shut out the world. My fiancé keeps trying to get me to go to the gym claiming that it will be a bonding experience. We do plenty of activities together, so it’s not as if we don’t spend time together. I also know that as soon as I step foot in the gym, he’s going to push me to do things I have no desire to. It’s happened every time I’ve agreed to go to the gym.

Me not going with him right now is causing tension and it’s really frustrating. He keeps saying how my walks aren’t enough exercise and I always counter that any movement is good movement. If he does accept the the walks are okay, he then quickly counters that they’re not a high enough intensity. I don’t care about intensity. I’m just there to enjoy myself and relax.

TL;DR: Fiancé is pressuring me to go to the gym and I have no desire to go. This is causing a rift in our relationship.

submitted by /u/TealTeaLeaf
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/u94w0w/my_fiancé_pressures_me_to_go_to_the_gym/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...