Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Weight loss - a bit scared of switching from diet-only to lifting weights

Friday, April 15, 2022

Weight loss - a bit scared of switching from diet-only to lifting weights

Hi everybody!

I was looking for some advice from the more experienced people here.

I'm more than halfway through my weight goal. I'm 27F, 5'1, and I went from 191 lbs to 136 over a year. My goal weight is roughly 100-115 lbs (I don't know how my body looks on less than 136, and I'm calculating these ideal numbers without the eventual muscle weight I'd gain). I'm pretty small-boned for reference.

Up until now I've only restricted calories and watched my macros very closely, and as of today, I feel confident in my eating patterns and I love healthy cooking. I'm very sedentary due to work and education.

I can lose weight without problems this way, but now that I'm almost normal weight, I'm starting to notice that I lost a lot of muscular strength. I have pretty high energy levels and I can sustain moderate exercise like hiking/running (for the bus), but I have very weak limbs. I struggle to lift things that I had no problem lifting some months ago and overall feel super flabby.

I think this is due to my muscles adapting to the new weight (less fat to lift when moving = less strength required = body adapting) and probably eating in a deficit for a long time, despite being very strict with an adequate protein & fat intake. Other than this, my health has greatly benefited from the weight loss, so I'm sure it's not a health issue, but something I want to solve nonetheless.

So this month I'll be signing up at a gym! My three goals are losing the remaining fat, gaining strength, and less importantly, building some glutes. I'm looking for a gym that has competent personal trainers to whom I can ask stuff, but I tend to have LOTS of questions and I'm kinda afraid to bother them.

I'm not very experienced with gym workouts/weight training, and I'm looking for advice. What should I do with my usual deficit calories if I weight train 3 days a week? Should I add the workout calories to my daily goal, and how can I exactly calculate them if so? Can I eat in the usual deficit on no-gym days? What kinds of exercises should I concentrate on? I'm not scared of lifting the maximum weight I can manage, nor becoming "huge" (I know that doesn't happen by accident but thanks to a lot of hard work). Will working out AND keeping a substantial deficit (in a healthy range) prevent me from getting stronger?

This is a huge switch for me and I'm a bit scared of losing my weight loss momentum and going outside of my comfort zone since I'm now used to the weight dropping relatively easy. But yeah, I don't want to be weak. So whatever kind of advice is welcome, and I'd be super happy to read about your experiences if you've gone through a similar stage. Thank you all in advance!! And sorry for the wordy post. I'm not a native speaker and it's hard to be brief in another language 💀

submitted by /u/Objective_Usual_1789
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/u4lhqq/weight_loss_a_bit_scared_of_switching_from/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...