Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Boyfriend encouraging me to do a very low calorie diet but I'm not sure about it?

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Boyfriend encouraging me to do a very low calorie diet but I'm not sure about it?

We are both in the process of losing weight and started together about 8 months ago. Personally I don't think he needs to lose more but he wants to be "5% body fat" so he is continuing. He has lost over 100lbs in the last 8 months and is now down to 145lbs at 5'10.

I haven't had as much success as him and it makes me feel horrible, especially because he constantly makes weight related comments towards me. I know we agreed to lose weight together but I keep getting burnt out and snacking a lot at work. Still I am down 15lbs since we started, 180 to 165 and I'm 5'4. I hate that he weighs less than me and I feel like a whale compared to him. He is often making comments like "are you sure you need to eat that" and other pointed comments about my food which kind of upset me to be honest but when I talk about it he just says that he finds it frustrating to watch and I guess I understand.

Today he sat me down and told me he was worried about me and he wanted to be with someone who prioritised their health. We both cried, I don't want to lose him, and I know my weight is a serious problem and I need to stop making excuses. He said he wasn't as attracted to me anymore which broke my heart, but I already knew it deep down. I get so jealous when he talks to other women and it's making me crazy. He wants me to try a lower calorie diet, he did a very low calorie diet when he first lost weight and he said I might find it more motivating. He said I should try this diet similar to what he did which is low carb and 800 calories a day. It's called fast 800. He said it would be a lot easier for me than it was for him because I am smaller and female. He said that since my "normal" diets haven't been successful, I should try this and he would support me and help cook for me.

I know he just cares about me but I can't help but feel like this diet is too extreme and I saw what it did to him and it wasn't pretty. He was always irritable and mean and half his hair fell out, but he said that definitely won't happen to me because it was much more of a deficit for him. I guess he's right. I am having success with my current diet (1600 cal) it's just been really slow and sometimes I do cheat. He says 1600 is way too much for me (that's what he eats) and with the cheat meals on top he's surprised I'm not gaining ??

To be honest, I'm not even sure I want to live like my bf, he is obsessed with his diet and has to track and weigh every tiny bit of food he eats. I'm just not sure I will ever be as dedicated as he is... his weight loss and appearance seems to be his no1 priority, even above me.

Anyway is this diet okay for me to do? I'm worried I won't have enough energy at work, but I want to make him happy and obviously I want to lose weight for myself too. Also if anyone has advice about handling weight loss in relationships I would appreciate that.

submitted by /u/aloopzz
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/u35wqj/boyfriend_encouraging_me_to_do_a_very_low_calorie/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...