Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: There is a Coscto container full of cookies on the table.

Thursday, April 14, 2022

There is a Coscto container full of cookies on the table.

I really need the mental strength to not overeat them. I have a huge problem with emotional eating. Things like this is what made me fat and what has kept me overweight, especially during covid. I lose control, mentally, when I get intense emotions.

I've been able to take control for the past few months and I have finally started losing weight again. It's been hard because I've gotten angry at my parents for bringing lots of sweets, junk food, and fast food in the house constantly. There is not one day they don't have candy. My mom has always over fed us and then gave herself a child size serving of the food she makes. She still tries to do this to me when I eat her food and I get really upset. She tries to serve me 3-4 servings all at once. They never used to be like this. I was always the chubby kid and they were always fit and healthy. They started this when the family dog died. I thought it would only last a few months but it's been a few years.

Now I have to eat different meals from them. When my mom cooks me dinner, I have to tell my mom I want a "little bit", then I have to end up throwing away almost half of it. I lock myself in my room at night (because this is my peak emotional eating time) so I don't have to be by all the temptations. I constantly say no when I see everything in the fridge. I have to sometimes leave the house for no reason to get away. I go for long walks and hikes to sort my emotions. As well as listening to music to zone out.

I think I've gotten to the point now where I can control myself so weightloss has sped up in the past month. Seeing the giant container of cookies on the table made my heart jump. I'm geniunely afraid I'll give in and return to my old ways because I'm still sorting through some of my emotions. Although, I am a lot better at controlling how long the intensity of my feelings last now.

It's just so frustrating to have to be around this, but I'll be fine this time. Needed to get this off my chest because of the jolt of anxiety it gave me.

submitted by /u/Dewybean
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/u3vn45/there_is_a_coscto_container_full_of_cookies_on/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...