Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Should I lower my calories on a body recomp?

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Should I lower my calories on a body recomp?

I’m 5’8 20 (M) 165 lbs new lifter currently doing body recomp

I started lifting at the beginning of February and I’ve been eating at my maintenance intake (2500) my starting weight was 157lbs and I’ve now gained 8lbs since.

However i measured my waist measurements and it hasn’t changed since I first started. It feels good that I put on a good amount of muscle in that time eating at maintenance as I have definitely seen muscle growth looking at my progress photos. My weight has pretty much stayed within 164-167lbs in the last month however

As much as I like gaining muscle eating at 2500 cals. I do want to lose the last bit of fat that I have in my lower belly as my waist still haven’t shown progress at all while my muscle growth has

Should I lower my caloric intake slightly to help influence more fat loss?

Should I keep it at 2500 as maybe if I gain more muscle thus adding weight fat will eventually start to drop as I get heavier with muscle

Or should I go in a heavier deficit just to speed up the process of losing the fat

My body fat % is also around 14-16% however I don’t really know how accurate the online calculators are

My goal right now is to lose enough fat to start lean bulking around the fall this year.

Thanks for any input as I’m just someone who wants advice from random people lol.

Tldr: have had seen muscle growth during recomp but no progress for fat loss. Should I lower my calories or keep them the same

submitted by /u/nathan_724
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/u2g7bn/should_i_lower_my_calories_on_a_body_recomp/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...