Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Mom making me feel worse for wearing tight clothes

Friday, April 8, 2022

Mom making me feel worse for wearing tight clothes

H 145 cm, SW 61.3 kg, CW 52 kg, GW 47 kg

I opened up to my mom how I'm happy that I've lost weight, that I fit in smaller clothes and that I'm proud of myself. I've been overweight my whole life so this is the first time I'm really taking my health seriously. But I did tell her that I feel like nothing has changed even though I see the proof in the measurements and the pictures.

Then she proceeds to tell me "you feel fat because you're wearing small clothes. Just because it fits you, doesn't mean you have to wear them." She didn't say it in a mean tone, but wow, that made me lose confidence in myself.

I felt horrible because I've been buying small clothes I actually like that finally fit me. And yes, I look good wearing them despite still not getting to my goal weight and ideal body composition.

Now I feel worse because I'm thinking maybe I still look as big as when I was almost 9 kg heavier? Why would she say that...

I know she meant well but I genuinely feel confident wearing XS clothes rather than hiding in size L. Her advising me to wear big clothes just lowered my self-esteem even more. This is devastating...

submitted by /u/ricachoo
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/tzjfuc/mom_making_me_feel_worse_for_wearing_tight_clothes/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...