Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Was recommended to eat 1,200 by my doctor, but I just binged/overate yesterday and I'm trying to understand why.

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Was recommended to eat 1,200 by my doctor, but I just binged/overate yesterday and I'm trying to understand why.

Community, I hope you are all doing well and prospering.

I have been a silent reader on this sub for some time, and any time I had a question or was struggling was something, the search bar has helped me tremulously. Thank you all because I have learned so much in the past few months simply by reading about your individual journey's.

I just created an account because, after two months of dieting and exercise, I have hit a hurdle and wanted to see if anyone had any comments/feedback.

Background:

I am 37 F and (edit: to include height, 5 ft 5) 40lbs overweight. I have lost a good amount of weight so far by eating my doctor's recommended 1,200kcal a day. I have incorporated exercise 5 days a week. A mix of cardio and light strength workouts.

I have a sweet tooth and previously due to not understanding how to diet properly I had a binge eating disorder, but that was resolved in a matter of months after I learned that eating one light meal a day was the cause of that.

This time around, I felt informed and happy to take things steady. The 1,200 can feel a little restrictive sometimes due to my diet not being high protein, but for the most part, weight has been coming off and I've felt fine. I gave myself one day a week where I can order a junk meal and incorporate sweets into my daily diet so I could ensure I wasn't feeling deprived or miserable.

I thought I finally figured this whole weight loss thing out and was on my way.

Problem:

Yesterday happened. The day before yesterday I had my weekly junk meal but ordered milkshake this time round, which put me at around 2,500kcal. It was not maintenance, but I felt okay because that's life and I preferred doing that than restricting and later possibly bingeing,

However, yesterday reminded me of my old bingeing days. I have no idea what was causing extreme hunger but one slice of cake wasn't enough, one sweet wasn't enough, I felt a craving that wasnt normal. I almost eat up to 3,000 calories. Combine that with the day before, I couldn't help but feel, I have messed up my diet.

Today: I am back on track today. I am determined to keep going and have already got back up and continued my day and getting ready to do my exercise right now. This is huge for me. The old me would have felt so defeated.

However, I am very concerned that this might happen again. I want to try to figure out what caused this so I can minimize this going further. Does anyone know what caused this? Yesterday felt like the diet was restricting and suppressing my appetite, and my body just gave up. I still have weight to lose. I want to get to my goal in a healthy way both physically and emotionally. Things have been going so well on the 1,200 diet but I am questioning if this is a little too restrictive. It's felt a little restrictive, but nothing close to starvation or extreme diet.

submitted by /u/Independent-Milk-972
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/sua5dk/was_recommended_to_eat_1200_by_my_doctor_but_i/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...