Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Anyone think being obese gave you trauma (TW maybe, just in case)?

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Anyone think being obese gave you trauma (TW maybe, just in case)?

I mean, I think the reason I was obese in the first place (high-200s lbs was my highest weight, and as a 5'4 female that's a LOT...) WAS because of trauma, but being obese and hiding in my bedroom for the majority of my late teens and 20s definitely added to this. I have missed key developmental stages in young adulthood and now I'm 28 and so lost. How do I even make up for lost years now??

I'm down 95ish pounds now, still going, and it's like.. i'm having a mental breakdown because i can't believe how much life i have wasted. I'm the same weight i was sophmore year of high school (the beginning of my binge eating habits).

I'm just so... wtf. I didn't realize how much life I let slip by me while everyone else moved on and grew and changed.

And I don't blame my weight for all of it, there are plenty of heavier set people living happy lives. I do have autism, too (diagnosed as an adult actually) and sure, that definitely ruins my life daily too but insecurity and social phobia was the majority of it. Now what? I dunno. I have a narc sibling, too, who I'm stuck living with due to financial issues and that's part of why I'm reclusive and have such low self esteem in the first place. He's terrorized me and our younger brother our entire lives, only to be brushed off by our parents.

I don't know.

Either way, I don't think my life would be nearly as bad as it is right now if I'd just, you know, never got to such a high weight. If I'd just lost weight when I was a teenager. I was always able to just obsessed over tv shows, games, books or movies and while I still enjoy these hobbies, they aren't enough to keep me happy anymore and now I'm too messed up to ever have a social life or make new friends, or find a partner, or anything.

TLDR did extra weight make anyone else's trauma worse off?

submitted by /u/Fancy_Strategy_401
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/sruxii/anyone_think_being_obese_gave_you_trauma_tw_maybe/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...