Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Self sabotage every time I get close to my goals

Saturday, February 26, 2022

Self sabotage every time I get close to my goals

I (M29, 5'6") have lost almost 30lbs over the last year (from 161 to to 132) through diet and exercise. A lifetime of desk jobs and no exercise meant that I had almost no muscle to start with, and I'm still weak but stronger than I've been before. My end goal is to have more muscle and less fat, not a smaller number on the scale.

For now I still have high body fat, and I'd like that gone before I start focusing on muscle building. Every time I start thinking I'm near a point where that's possible, I start overeating again. I'm talking by a good 300-700 calories a day. A month later, I get back on the wagon, then the same thing happens. This has been happening since last August.

I tried to eat at maintenance instead of at a deficit for a bit to get myself under control, but when those nighttime cravings hit, I let myself lose control no matter what.

Therapists and doctors have blown me off because I'm at a healthy weight now, but overeating that much won't keep me healthy, and neither will the constant lose-5-pounds-of-fat, gain-5-pounds-of-fat thing I'm doing. How do you beat this kind of self sabotage?

submitted by /u/postapocalypticfruit
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/t2bgst/self_sabotage_every_time_i_get_close_to_my_goals/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...