Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: NSV: I bought a juniors prom dress

Monday, February 28, 2022

NSV: I bought a juniors prom dress

When I (22F) was in high school, I wore a size 14 dress (from the women’s plus section) to my prom with full spanx underneath. It was very covered up, even had sleeves and everything. It was not great for my self esteem, especially considering the fact that all my friends were skinny and gorgeous and their dresses showed that off. I felt huge next to them and I didn’t love my prom photos.

I went to college and gained even more weight until I was well into the obese category on the BMI chart, then lost it all and more (my HW was ~240 lbs, now I weigh ~160. I was probably about 190 at the end of high school).

Now, 5 years after my high school prom, I’m going to another formal event for my grad school. This is the first formal event I’ve been to since high school prom, and I was really excited to shop for a dress. The one I ended up choosing is a size 9 (!!!) from the juniors prom section. It has a low back and I’m not even worried about the cut not allowing me to wear shapewear underneath, because I don’t need it.

High school me would never believe that I would ever fit into single digit clothing sizes again for the rest of my life. It’s still crazy to me.

I still have a ways to go, but I’m glad to be where I am.

submitted by /u/considerlilies
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/t3tvlq/nsv_i_bought_a_juniors_prom_dress/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...