Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I just need to get some shit off my chest, and the fat out of my body

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

I just need to get some shit off my chest, and the fat out of my body

Hi,

I'm not really active here, though I've posted here before. I once posted a big ol post about how I was gonna lose weight and I was going to do it this time and I had a lot of positive feedback and then some cynical comments that got into my head. This was like 5 years ago or more and I'm still severely overweight I'm currently at 565 pounds and my best estimations, I don't have a scale readily available to tell my current weight. I was told that I'm too fat to just lose weight on cal restriction alone and that people like me just don't lose weight on their own and usually just die or get some sort of surgery, the ones that did lose it, were just outliers.

Obviously, I got pretty demotivated and pretty much stopped right there and I've tried multiple other times to lose weight again but again obviously nothing has worked. I'm not expecting this post to give me some newfound motivation that will send me off into fairytale land and help me get healthy. I just want to share my experience and just dump that negativity off somewhere else so at least I'm not holding it anymore.

Right now I'm going to therapy regularly and addressing the core issues as to why I'm this way in the first place and I'm starting small. I'm just on my 6th day of calorie counting but I've only told myself one rule "LOG EVERYTHING." Even if I eat a whole pizza one night LOG IT. The reason I got here is that I use food as a means of escape and to self-soothe. I just need to be finally conscious of what I'm eating and what it will do to me. As long as I can hold myself accountable (and I have my girlfriend and sister helping me make sure I log in every day.) I think I can make progress, it is daunting as the road I see before me I long and difficult but it's either that or continue being miserable and trapped in a body I don't want to be in.

This is something I want more than anything in the world, if I could choose a million dollars or just to be a normal weight id choose normal weight TEN OUT OF TEN times EASY. There are no shortcuts, there is no "ONE QUICK TRICK TO LOSING WEIGHT, DOCTORS HATE HIM." I just need to live in the real world and be conscious of my decisions.

submitted by /u/Vildhjart
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/sz1zv0/i_just_need_to_get_some_shit_off_my_chest_and_the/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...