Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Struggling with maintenance due to stress eating, irregular motivation, etc

Monday, June 21, 2021

Struggling with maintenance due to stress eating, irregular motivation, etc

Hi all,

I am a 25F 5'6" female. When I was 20, I was very slim. I had lost a lot of weight because I struggled to afford food.

When I went back to college and started working several jobs and took in an older disabled sibling, I became extremely overwhelmed and used food as a comfort, and gained a lot of weight, and by Christmas a few years ago I weighed 200 lbs.

I decided at that point I started to recognize the bad habits and make efforts to improve them and lean into weight lifting I so enjoyed at the gym. I was walking to classes all the time as well as hitting the gym constantly and eating very well and fairly little, and I dropped 30+lbs by summer.

I sort of stagnated in my fitness goals that summer. I started working like 60 hours a week, one job was delivering pizza so I are a lot of it. I gained weight back. I probably went back to 180 or so, until I started school again in the fall. I had more time, started to eat healthier again and workout. Then I met someone who really motivated and encouraged me to continue on my work. So in a few months, I was lifting crazy weights, had great muscles. At this point, a year and a half ago, I was 145lbs. I had ab definition and fit into my skinny jeans. I enjoyed that.

Then covid-hit. I started to gain weight back. I went back to delivering. A year later, I'm not longer delivering, and I have a great income from working at home. But I'm graduated, still entirely at home, I'm socially a bit deprived for a few reasons lately, and I'm bored. I can't seem to maintain consistency in motivation for working out and eating well. I'm now at 170lbs.

I'm stagnating at this weight. I think about calories a lot, because I'm thinking a lot about how I've lost and gained and lost and gained. But I can't seem to keep myself from wanting things like pizza and soda lately.

I still exercise and lift weights. I go for walks pretty much every day. I only lift weights a few times a week at best lately because I'm struggling with motivation.

I just want to know if anyone has similar experiences with maintainence, cravings, stress eating, boredom eating. And maybe success after all this. I have been working through depression and such, but despite that longstanding issue I've had success in the past that just doesn't stick.

I would really appreciate some insight or advice.

Thanks all.

submitted by /u/Xx_didgy_xX
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/o5dgwh/struggling_with_maintenance_due_to_stress_eating/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...