Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I don't know if anyone else needs to hear this but...get a bowl/plate, sit down, and eat your unhealthy food rather than telling yourself you'll just have a couple bites.

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

I don't know if anyone else needs to hear this but...get a bowl/plate, sit down, and eat your unhealthy food rather than telling yourself you'll just have a couple bites.

So, this has always been one of those food things where I feel totally ridiculous and alone, but I know I'm probably not so here goes.

I try not to keep my favorite unhealthy things in the house on a regular basis so I'm not tempted but sometimes it's someone's birthday or my husband brings something home from work or my kids ask for a treat... and sometimes there's no excuse other than that I just want some ice cream or brownies or pizza.

This is the weird thing: I tell myself "I'm just going to get a spoon and take a bite of the cake. I'm not having a whole piece. That would be terrible and ruin everything. Just a bite." So I take a bite. Close the fridge. Feel unsatisfied. Rinse my spoon off. Take another bite. And repeat. And before I know it, I've probably eaten more than I would have had I just cut off a slice, put it on a plate and sat down and enjoyed it. I've done this for my entire life telling myself that I can't possibly have a bowl of ice cream so I have bite after bite from the container. I never feel satisfied and feel guilty and gross.

Yesterday I fell into this old bad habit because my kids made a banana cream pie (one of my favorite things in the whole world). I probably ate 1/4 of the whole thing going back to the fridge again and again, one bite at a time. Today after work, I measured out 1/2 cup of it, put it in a bowl and ate it. And I don't feel like I going back to the fridge to eat the rest of it!

submitted by /u/GreenMountain85
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/oagmzy/i_dont_know_if_anyone_else_needs_to_hear_this/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...