Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Struggling with first cut

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Struggling with first cut

Good morning r/loseit -

I am looking for some direction on my first attempt at cutting, and am struggling to consistently lose fat. This post will be a little longer, so I apologize in advance for the wordiness, but I feel like most of the details are important to convey my question and current struggles.

I'm a 32 yo male, 5'10'', and weighed 180lbs. two months ago and now weigh 177. I feel like I should be losing weight at a quicker rate and therefore I've come to the community for advice. I've been going to the gym consistently for the past 4 months and feel like I've generally ate pretty clean in that timeframe. I am not the greatest at tracking calories, but I do feel like 90% of the time I am eating less than what TDEE calculators suggest I should take in to lose weight. The 3-4 TDEE calculators I have used all estimate I need 2,600 calories per day to maintain weight, and around 2,100-2,200 to cut weight. I know 2,200 calories doesn't seem like a lot, but I am very full at the end of the days at which I hit that mark.

The main issues I have identified are that on some days I eat well below 2,200 calories (most days around 1,400-1,800), and every now and then I have 4-5 beers in a sitting (probably twice a month), and sometimes I'll have 1-3 beers (2-3 times a month). I know these aren't conducive to my health goals, but I also feel like eating that low of calories balances out the added calories from beers.

I am not good at tracking calories as I've become frustrated trying to hit 2,200 calories in a day. Maybe my issue is not coming close to hitting proper macronutrients each day? I can't figure out why my depleted calorie intake on most days isn't resulting in weight loss.

I know this is a newbie problem, but any and all direction would be much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read through my post!

submitted by /u/comptonje2014
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/o72q4k/struggling_with_first_cut/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...