Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: This was long overdue. My journey, my tips

Friday, June 25, 2021

This was long overdue. My journey, my tips

So, here we are. I made it. It probably isn’t the most life changing weight loss you might have seen around here, but I’m f****** proud of myself. Not for being leaner but because it’s been a tough year, always home with lockdowns and whatnot. The thing I’m mostly proud about is developing healthy eating habits.

F/31/157cm (5’1”)

SW: 64kg (141lbs) on March 2020

CW: 51kg (112lbs)

A little background for you. I was always lean. I never really had troubles with my physique and I used to eat a lot without even thinking about it. That changed six years ago. I started gaining weight after my father’s death, I was eating the same amount of food but I stopped being nearly as active as I was before. Then I moved in with my (then) boyfriend, a 6’5” man, and we ate the same things and the same portions. Naturally I’ve started gaining weight, until I reached 64kg (141lbs). My original weight was around 47-8kg (103,6lbs - 105lbs).

Eventually we broke up in oct 2019 and during the first 2020 lockdown I suppose I took a really good look at myself and realized I didn’t like my figure anymore. Looking at my closet, it was full of black, baggy clothes that I unconsciously bought to hide my body and I was fed up. I realized I didn’t like people taking pictures of me and I didn’t either because I was so ashamed.

So, during the first months I’ve started having smaller portions without really thinking of macros and I did a lot of cardio every day. I naturally never ate breakfast, ever since I was a kid, so I was basically doing IF with portion control.

In the second part of my journey I started doing less pure cardio workouts and doing more HIITs. Around that time (I think it was during 2020’s fall) I really started to learn more about nutrition and macros and how to lose more fat in a smart way without losing muscles. I incorporated more and more protein and earlier this year I began doing weightlifting, reducing HIITs to one time per week. As of now, my routine consists of a 20-minute Vinyasa yoga every morning and weight lifting 4 times a week and a HIIT session one day per week.

Ever since life has started to come back to pseudo-normal, I’ve been going out every other day and I couldn’t bother tracking calories. Also, after the 1.5 years I just had I want to enjoy the time I spend when I go out, so I’ll have a drink and eat whatever I want. I adjust accordingly the following day, having a lighter meal for lunch. I’ve been maintaining my weight for a month now, using this system.

To be honest, I’d like to cut just a little bit more to lose those “vanity kgs” because despite putting on a good amount of muscles, I still look “soft” and I’d like to look more toned. The muscles are really visible on my arms, my shoulders and back, but I still have some stubborn belly fat. But I’m taking this month to recharge, before starting again.

The most important thing though is that even when I reach my vanity goal, I don’t think it will be the end of my journey, just the start of a different one. I now know what it means to eat healthy and focusing on nutrients and I don’t intend to give that up. I’ve learned so much during this and feel like a more complete person because of this knowledge.

And, as a token of gratitude towards all of you and your precious insights, I wanted to share some of the things that worked for me, hoping that they’ll help some others too.

If you’ve made it this far, these are some pictures that show where I’m currently at: https://imgur.com/a/i4cA5xJ

TLDR; lost 13kgs and lost my boobs in the process.

Plan your meal around protein

I don’t remember where I’ve read this but it has been the singular most helpful piece of advice in achieving my goals. Prior to starting this journey, I was accustomed to think of the main source of carbs and eventually I would pair it with some vegetable or little to no protein at all. So I made it a habit to think of the selected source of protein and then decided what to pair it with.

Indulge. Don’t be too hard on yourself

Don’t eliminate foods, instead think of a way to pair them with something more nutritious. Do you want that bag of crisps? Find a way to work them in your diet. Have the crisps with some form of protein or fiber. I’m doing this and I found out that not only I don’t eat the whole bag anymore (instead I save it for later) but I’m happier too and less stressed. I don’t really like the idea of a cheat meal/day. If I was craving something I’d try to have it in some form in my diet, whether half a portion or having a lighter meal before/after. This prevented me from getting obsessed with food that “I couldn’t/shouldn’t have”.

Negative figures on the scale.

When counting calories and macros, the most important thing is using the scale but it can be quite a palaver to do so, especially when using multiple ingredients. So I usually put the ingredient I’m using on the scale, hit the “tare” button and then scoop out the amount I need and use the negative figure to log it in whatever app I’m using for tracking (currently MFP).

Make food interesting

When cutting, food choices are limited, it’s true, but make use of spices. They add flavor without contributing on the caloric side and this will make food more fun to eat, especially if you’re planning to eat grilled chicken for the umpteenth time.

submitted by /u/neshama_00
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/o7uhyi/this_was_long_overdue_my_journey_my_tips/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...