Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Tips to help my overweight friend start losing weight

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Tips to help my overweight friend start losing weight

Hi everyone!

So my friend is 18 and I've gotten her on board to join the next lose it challenge, but she knows very little about losing weight. She lives far away from home and her family is quite unsupportive. I don't think she's ever tried to lose weight. She is a tall girl just under 6 foot and about 290lbs.

I want to know, from the people who started at an obese weight or high weight, what are the best ways of her losing weight during covid? She doesn't buy her own groceries or cook since she lives in a university residence, and how can she exercise? I don't want to advise her wrongly or set her up for failure.

I'm thinking I can introduce her to calorie counting and the TDEE calculator, also by telling her about r/loseit and inviting her to the challenge I'm sure she will have more support and motivation.

I should also say in just a year she's been diagnosed as hypertension and pre diabetic and no the drs did not tell her to lose weight, nor implement lifestyle changes. She also has excess growth hormones. Literally the only support she has is her friends. I don't want her to have a difficult time.

submitted by /u/shigellkigell
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/oaxfvv/tips_to_help_my_overweight_friend_start_losing/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...