Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: NSV: My boyfriend’s mom called me skinny.

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

NSV: My boyfriend’s mom called me skinny.

This is my first NSV in a long time. The first time in months I’ve really been able to acknowledge my progress. It has been hard recently to keep going, and I’ve been stagnant in my weight loss for about 2 months. My boyfriend and I were at his parents’ house over the weekend and we were looking at their camping trailer. They were giving us the “grand tour” of the inside. There’s a full bed and a small table and bench seat that converts to a twin size (or smaller) bed. His mother was telling us about how their daughter and her husband had once tried to stay in it with them, and ended up sleeping in a hammock outside. We were making small talk saying how hard it would be to travel with more than 2 people in the trailer. She said, “Well, you two are skinny so you’d probably be able to sleep there.”

It was a passing comment to her and I’m sure no one else even registered what she said. But I have never in my life been called skinny. My boyfriend is thin and always has been. I’m choosing to accept the comment as a compliment, as I’ve lost 37 pounds. I still have more to go, but today I’m putting aside my occasional self-hate and constant self-doubt. NSV!

submitted by /u/tafunast
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/oafjhy/nsv_my_boyfriends_mom_called_me_skinny/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...