Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I don't know how to have my "time to change" moment...

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

I don't know how to have my "time to change" moment...

I, like most people over the past 18 months, have gained some weight. It's been enough weight to where I definitely regret it, but it happened too slowly for me to really even realize it. I don't eat that excessively, but I eat a bit more than I should. I don't work out religiously, but I also don't live an entirely sedentary lifestyle. Regardless, I weight about 70lbs more than is really healthy, and about 100lbs more than I'd like to (I was slightly overweight to begin with).

But no matter how badly I want to, I can't seem to make much of a change. It's a mental thing, not a physical one, I know that. And I try to make the proactive choice when I think about it. But it feels like everyone I know who's gone through massive weight loss had a sort of, "time to change" moment that I haven't had. My dad, for example, has lost something like 130 lbs since the beginning of 2020, but mostly because one day he decided he'd had enough, he started keto and going to the gym three times a week, and he hasn't stopped since. I'm super happy for him, but I don't know how to just flick a switch in my brain like that.

I don't want to hit rock bottom, where I'm barely mobile or having health issues or something, if I can help it, but I also can't seem to ever get myself motivated in a consistent enough way to have any long-term weight loss. Does anyone know what I can do to get there?

submitted by /u/SnugFnuggBlue
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/oaqvmh/i_dont_know_how_to_have_my_time_to_change_moment/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...