Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Dear aunties of the middle eastern community..... just wait

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Dear aunties of the middle eastern community..... just wait

Dear aunties/elders of the middle eastern community….

I do not want to come out of covid lockdown. Why you ask? I have finally started a weight loss journey and managed to stick to it for more than 8 months now. I have managed to lose 72lb without seeing a single person from the community or people I know except a few of my very close friends and family. They all have noticed my big weight drop and constantly drop complements. (keep them coming lol). I want to stay in lock down till all my extra weight is gone and I can exist my cocoon like an elegant butterfly.

I remember all your opinions and actions towards me. The way you walk around gatherings and events eyeing young single girls for a potential wife/girlfriend for you mediocre sons who only have a decent career going for them and nothing more. Their personalities being dry and pretentious, no sense of compassion or kindness towards women. Of course, I won’t blame them because they had mothers like you. You always skipped over me. Not that I wanted to be with your son, but asking is a complement.

Every time I would be standing with a group of my skinny petite friends, you never failed to complement and observe every one of them while your eyes skipped over me like a blank sheet of paper in a printing machine. Although personally I thought I was 2, 3 times prettier than all the girls there, in your eyes my size and weight labeled me as unworthy for your spoiled princes. I would stand awkward as you treated the girls with a motherly kindness and embrace them, say how beautiful they are, hold their hand, ask them about themselves, all while I was invisible. Because I was fat.

I won’t forget a specific auntie. The match maker. She always walked up to me and talked about a potential man who is looking for marriage. But it never failed for her to immediately ask; “so I saw you with your friend and she’s incredibly beautiful. Can you give me some information about her for this potential man?” As if she isn’t aware I am a single beautiful potential as well. But again, my weight labels me as invisible. And again, its not like I am even interested to get married. But it drives me crazy when I think about the idea that I wouldn’t be a good potential in your eyes.

So I don’t want lock down to end. I want to bloom into the gorgeous being I am. I will avoid your gatherings. I will avoid you. Until the day comes where I enter and all eyes lock on me. That is the time where I will waltz past you as the whispers start. “who is this girl?” “omg its OP, she has lost so much weight!” “shes so gorgeous.” I will side eye you all competing to come up to me. And this is when I will metaphorically spit in your face and ignore your existence while I glide away.

So dear aunties of the community,

I cant wait for that day.

Xoxo

- The girl that’s too fat for ur son

Still have a huge amount of weight to loss but this post right here makes me lock down on the discipline and motivation to get to my goal weight!

submitted by /u/zahimahi97
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/oagr7i/dear_aunties_of_the_middle_eastern_community_just/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...